Head of Brand Marketing
New York, NY
The Head of Brand Marketing provides oversight and direction on marketing strategies that are in alignment with the Firm’s established priorities and plans
- Ensures that the Firm is branded appropriately in key practices and industry sectors.
- Provides innovative strategic leadership to develop and establish Firm-wide, practice, and market-specific marketing strategies; work to ensure organizational alignment behind these strategies.
- Continues to develop a deep understanding of each practice and its competitive position.
- Serves as champion of the Firm’s brand; enable best-in-class campaign development and execution.
- Manages the design team in its development of brand strategies to support the Firm’s brand and communication objectives.
- Collaborates with members of the business development and communications teams and recommends practice-specific marketing strategies.
- Keeps abreast of both legal and business markets and “best practices” in legal industry marketing techniques.
- Monitors key competitors in each core practice area to continually refine how the firm favorably differentiates itself to clients.
- Organizes and attends regular meetings to ensure and support regular and effective communication on issues and opportunities relating to marketing, team management.
- Executes ad hoc requests to support special projects, practices and initiatives as needed.
- Provides direction to enhance the Firm’s marketing/business development function with technology solutions that deliver improved results.
- Translates the Firm’s marketing vision and delivers technology solutions that support business growth goals.
- Serve as a strategic lead on marketing technologies that support the Firm’s web CMS platform, social media platforms, email and marketing automation efforts.
- Modifies and updates existing marketing systems and processes, sunsets those that have outlived their usefulness, automates them where possible, and maintains a library of end-user process documentation.
- Communicates complex business needs from a marketing and technology standpoint and builds project plans for solutions.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the Firm, inclusive of IT, professional development, and human, to plan, develop and launch solutions and propose process improvement.
- Develops and supports events strategy to expand and deepen client relationships and to maximize benefit of Firm events and sponsorships.
- Drives revenue to a billion-dollar global law firm by raising the profile of the firm in the Bay Area and developing client relationships.
- Plans and conceptualizes client/prospect events.
- Leverages internal and external resources to implement best practices around event preparation, follow-up and ROI analysis.
- Scouts and selects venues for events, with understanding of location and audience preferences.
- Collaborates closely with events logistics team.
- Thinks creatively about how to continuously support business development efforts.
- Oversees and manages events marketing budgets with a view to maximizing business development sponsorships and office activities.
- Partners with Partnership, Chief Marketing Officer, and events team on office-based initiatives and goals and client social events.
- Provides leadership in supporting Firm-wide events and initiative and raising the visibility of the Marketing & Business Development department.
- Identifies and implements effective marketing strategies that are in alignment with the Firm’s established priorities and plans.
- Leads a premier marketing function, including vision and strategy for high-end traditional and online marketing communications and branding, which c
- Ensure that direct report staff is knowledgeable and trained on professional, technical and content matters. Provide supportive coaching; set achievable, challenging team goals; develop skills of team members to ensure achievement of client service priorities. Ensure team is structured effectively to meet client service objectives
- Directs and supervises complex marketing projects requiring the involvement of multiple groups with the department and throughout the Firm.
- Mentors and develops staff to ensure that all functional resources are in alignment with the Firm’s vision and strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in marketing and business development experience within professional services firm.
- Strong managerial experience and proven ability to lead, coach, inspire and organize a team.
- Outstanding ability to inspire confidence, respect and trust across all levels of the firm and to create a team environment where ideas can be shared, questions can be asked and individuals are accountable for their own actions.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with senior management, partners and firm clients.
- Able to act as a knowledge resource and advocate for the value of marketing technology systems.
- Advanced expertise in variety of marketing software such as marketing automation platforms, CRM, analytic and reporting tools.
- Able to quickly develop an advanced understanding of the firm’s core values, business model and competitive landscape.
- Strong event planning and execution experience.
- Poised, professional demeanor. Comfortable interacting with clients and prospects.
- Strong working knowledge of the legal landscapes.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, events, competitive intelligence, and market research.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and all levels of personnel within the firm.
- Excellent problem analysis, creative solution development, and results delivery.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 8.2.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt