Global Pitch and Proposal Specialist
New York, NY
A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Global Pitch & Proposal Specialist to join our global New Business Team, sitting in New York. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
The Global Pitch & Proposal Specialist will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
The Global Pitch & Proposal Specialist is a global role that works closely with partners as well as local and practice & industry business development (BD) teams to better understand our clients’ needs, develop and deliver high-quality proposal documents and ensure partners are prepared to conduct high-impact conversations to position the firm and secure new business.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing compelling communications and innovative content tailored to the client showcasing Latham’s value proposition and demonstrated client benefit.
- Collaborating with BD teams, lawyers and firm resources to create credential statements, pitch documents and responses to RFPs, while ensuring that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
- Conducting information-gathering sessions to clarify requirements and client needs surrounding the pursuit process.
- Analyzing ITT/RFP/RFI request documents to elicit compliance requirements, instructions, evaluation criteria, and undertake other bid management tasks such as developing bid plans and templates, liaising with internal SMEs to produce high quality documents.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with firm leadership (partners, department chairs, etc.) and subject matter experts (practice development and industry teams) to obtain necessary input, feedback and sign-off on materials.
- Working with relevant global teams to maintain and update marketing materials including templates, content, biographies and experience within the firm’s proposal management system and databases.
- Ensuring that best practices are maintained and shared across the department in the preparation of proposal documents.
- Promoting effective work practices, works as a team member and shows respect for co-workers.
As a Global Pitch & Proposal Specialist, you will be expected to apply your pitch, communication and organizational skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. A successful candidate should exhibit the ability to maintain flexibility with respect to assigned tasks due to changing deadlines, changing deliverables and changing task priorities; ability to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively; strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including effective interpersonal communications (e.g., active listening); ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion; possess an advanced ability to understand and analyze opportunities and develop written strategies to address and solve them; knowledge and proficiency in PC applications, including Word and PowerPoint.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of two (2) years’ related experience developing credentials, proposals, tenders or other written sales tools in a legal or professional services environment desired. The Global Pitch & Proposal Specialist should have experience working in a team/pitch environment and experience utilizing project/pitch management tools. He or she should be comfortable working in a high-pressure environment and have a strong understanding of effective proposal and business development strategies. He or she should have superior writing/language skills and the ability to convey complex technical information in reader-friendly language.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 7.22.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt