New York, NY
The Funds Practice Revenue Specialist will assist partners within our client’s Funds group with management of the financial aspects of their client relationships. The Funds Practice Revenue Specialist will join the Finance Department and work directly with partners and their clients to ensure that processes are coordinated from engagement to collections and beyond, and improve efficiency in inventory management, reporting and related processes.
- Meet and communicate regularly with partners concerning the status of their clients’ accounts and work collaboratively with them to ensure accounts remain current.
- Fully engage with partners to advise and resolve complex billing, collections, client reporting and financial matter management issues.
- Communicate and work directly with clients to ensure that there is clear understanding of billing requirements and expectations.
- Monitor unbilled and accounts receivable inventory and address accounts which are not current or compliant with billing cycles and payment terms.
- Work with timekeepers to ensure understanding of client guidelines and compliance.
- Coordinate with Billing Operations team to ensure matters are set up in Aderant to adhere to clients’ requirements.
- Maintain updated and accurate records regarding matter and invoice statuses.
- Meet with management regularly re status of accounts and potential escalation of issues.
- Facilitate billing and collections efforts by collaborating with Billing, Collections, Pricing and Reporting teams throughout the billing cycle to provide exemplary support to partners and clients.
- The position requires a confident and self-starting professional who is a team player, a proven leader, and is forward thinking with the ability to advance the capabilities of this function.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years in Legal Billing or Legal Operations required. Experience with Funds clients a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners, clients and colleagues.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to think on their feet in a fast paced environment, anticipate requirements, and consistently deliver exceptional customer service.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently, consult with appropriate management team, and multi-task.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Excel . Aderant experience a plus.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Finance Department and other departments in the firm.
$90,000 – $115,000. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages. The firm considers a number of factors when determining compensation, including, but not limited to, education, years of experience, levels of experience, competency levels and other relevant skills and qualifications.
This is a hybrid role which requires in-office attendance in accordance with the schedule set forth by the department. A hybrid schedule is an essential function of this role.
Salary: $90,000 – $115,000
Date Active: 9.19.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt