New York, NY
AmLaw top 50 law firm is conducting a search for a Paralegal with 3+ years of experience to join the thriving Financial Restructuring & Reorganization practice group. Candidates should be self-starters, highly organized and team players. Overtime is often needed to meet client deadlines. The paralegal will support their lawyers with various duties and responsibilities as listed below.
- Working on various insolvency and restructuring transactions involving corporations, banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions
- Ability to electronically file bankruptcy pleadings and proofs of claim with the bankruptcy court
- Drafting of notice of appearances, pro hac vices and proofs of claim
- Managing files, or providing updates on the development of the case
- Updating and otherwise managing attorney calendars with particular attention to court dates and other relevant case-related deadlines
- Reviewing and analyzing matters for the purpose of preparing status reports to attorneys and clients
- Proofreading and marking legal documents
- Interacting with clients and maintaining files
Skills Needed to be Successful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with attorneys and court personnel
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when evaluating legal matters
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish relationships, effectively liaise, communicate, and follow instructions from the client, attorneys, staff, and vendors and provide information with courtesy and tact
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Thorough knowledge of Firm systems, practices and procedures to effectively meet employee and department needs
Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree and/or a paralegal certificate are required for consideration
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in a law firm or professional services industry
If you seek a collaborative, diverse and thriving workplace culture, then you’ll enjoy your career with this Firm!
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
COVID-19: Vaccination Requirement: Effective August 30, 2021, Firm requires all employees who access their offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. By submitting your resume for consideration, you acknowledge that you will comply with Firm’s vaccination and office access policies. Please note that proof of vaccination may be required.
Salary: $75,000.00-$125,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt