New York, NY
Under the general direction of the supervising attorney(s) and according to established Firm policies and procedures, is responsible for performing the required day-to-day duties of the Private Wealth Department. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Input statement transactions on a monthly basis for Fiduciary accountings prepared by the Firm.
- Review account balances and issue checks as needed. Fax instructions or call bank to make money available to cover checks.
- Write letters and type checks for various charities (e.g. Rodger’s Foundation) as instructed by attorneys.
- Make deposits and type checks for accounts handled within the department.
- Maintain spreadsheets for accounts not reflected in the accounting system.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements.
- Maintain listing of active original wills and health care documents.
- Open, sort and file mail with the Records department or in a personal file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associate’s degree or equivalent and two or more years trust administration experience preferably in a law firm environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of legal and investment terminology and a strong trust administration background are preferred.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience working in accounting database systems (EPOCH/CMS, ARCS, SAP), Excel, Outlook, and MS Word preferred. Data entry skills with 85% accuracy preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e-mail or verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative and critical-thinking skills in order to manage multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment, and make decisions based on results of research. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of fiduciary bookkeeping in order to perform essential duties fundamental to trust administration duties.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances, verifying debits and credits, and preparing various accounting/fiduciary reports.
- Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to interpret source data, perform data entry, prepare relevant documentation, proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors, and perform file maintenance.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, scanner, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
The work environment is characteristic of a normal office environment with moderate exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, etc.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, and requirements. This position description may be modified in the future as necessary.
Salary: Competitive market compnesaiton
Date Active: 12.21.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt