New York, NY
This position is responsible for various firm property and services for firm personnel, such as preparing and executing inter-office moves, equipment and property; maintaining, repairing and/or providing furniture and property; and pulling and delivery of firm supplies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and executes inter-office moves of firm personnel and property, including physically moving items from one location to another.
- Monitors inventory items which have been checked out by firm personnel.
- Prepares offices/workstations as required for new employees.
- Oversees the consumption and distribution of copy paper to all convenience center copiers and other locations as needed (if applicable).
- Maintains inventory of office supplies; delivers orders to various parts of the firm and assists in pulling supplies for the orders as requested.
- Responds to work orders which entail hanging artwork and other wall-mounted items, setting up and installing shelving and furniture for workrooms and verifies temperature readings for hot/cold calls and other building-related issues. Logs all requests in the firm’s work order database.
- Performs ergonomic evaluations and makes recommendations for solutions. Installs ergonomic equipment as needed.
- Assists with domestic office moves (other than local).
- Maintains and repairs furniture and other property.
- Assists in answering telephone calls and emails, recording orders in the Facilities/Supplies Department and assists persons who come to the Facilities/Supplies Department with supply requests.
- Assists with asset inventory, tagging items and entering asset information into computer asset program.
- Maintains inventory of stationery, envelopes and business cards; fills orders and distributes.
- Firm will require COVID vaccination for all employees who will have any in-office presence with proof of vaccination being required. Individuals with medical or religious reasons for remaining unvaccinated may request an accommodation.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Occasional overtime including weekend work is required.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years facilities-related role.
Special Knowledge: Knowledge of proper lifting techniques and best practices for moving furniture.
Technical Skills: Familiarity with a PC.
Attributes: Good customer service skills are important. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment. Must be self-motivated with a positive attitude. Ability to project a positive, professional image to internal and external clients. Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively with people in all levels of the firm.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.21.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt