New York, NY or Roseland, NJ
The Executive Assistant will handle calendaring and scheduling meetings across multiple geographies and time zones and will otherwise provide a full range of administrative and secretarial support to the Chair of the firm’s Tech Group (“Senior Partner”). The position requires familiarity with a variety of the Firm’s practices and procedures.
Essential Job Requirements
• Scheduling and changing airline reservations domestically and internationally is an essential part of the responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for executing tasks associated with calendaring and scheduling as designated/overseen by the Strategist (i.e., coordinating meetings and calls across time zones and in multiple geographies with travel in between, arranging conference room and restaurant reservations, and related work). This will often entail calling third parties and following-up by email to confirm, as well as initiating reminders and tracking lists as well as ensuring that calendar entries are provided in a way that facilitates one touch dialing from smart phones (domestically and abroad). This will entail interfacing with clients and others and requires professionalism.
• Responsible for the entering, updating and accuracy of Senior Partner’s contacts in Outlook and assisting with list management tasks under the direction of the Strategist.
• Maintain and update a list of follow-up items for routine review with Senior Partner.
• Generate, manage and submit expense reports including gathering paper and online receipts from a variety of sources. Develop and maintain report of submitted and paid expenses for Senior Partner. Knowledge of foreign currency conversion is helpful as some expenses are generated internationally.
• General executive secretarial duties, including but not limited to, answering phones, taking messages and forwarding calls; processing incoming/outgoing mail; knowledge of core technology-both hardware (smart phones-especially iPhone, scanners, printers, etc.) and software (Excel, PowerPoint, web-based applications such as Google Docs, LinkedIn); opening new client matter accounts (conflict checks, intakes, drafting retainer letter and file opening); organizing and maintaining electronic and paper client files and keeping filing up-to-date; entering the Senior Partner’s billable time; learning/maintaining knowledge of the Senior Partner’s law practice and client/matter history and relieving the Senior Partner of administrative tasks.
• Tracking of document versions and updates, including proofreading edits executed by others. Converting documents between applications and clean-up/formatting documents.
• Knowledge of the firm’s billing procedures to have the ability to gather information when requested for Senior Partner or Strategist.
• Other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Uphold a professional demeanor at all times. Maintain the confidentiality of the information being managed and exercise discretion over sharing information.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Minimum of (3+) years’ work experience as an Assistant; law firm experience a plus.
• Ability to function effectively in fast-paced environment; exhibit professional maturity.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to problem-solve and arrange workload in order of importance to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively within a team and independently, as workflow dictates.
• Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Proficiency with .pdf Docs, FileSite, Microsoft Outlook and Expert Time.
• Ability to learn and effectively apply new software as required.
• Ability to maintain reliable attendance record and punctuality.
• Ability to meet Firm client service standards by maintaining a positive and professional demeanor as well as communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, external clients, vendors and the general public.
• Exhibit a desire to team with support staff, peers, attorneys and administrators by demonstrating willingness to undertake additional responsibilities, teach and assist others when requested.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Salary: $60,000.00-$110,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 01.03.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt