Facilitates assignments business needs and responsibilities; inclusive of a wide range of administrative and operational tasks to maximize productivity and efficiency. Manages client contacts through the firm’s client relationship management database; provides administrative support, including, but not limited to opening files, filing, handling travel arrangements, expense statements and other tasks as requested.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to assignments
- Acts as the central point of contact for assignments
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of assignments, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for assigned partners.
- Management/Coordination of Assignments ‘Practice and Business Development initiatives as follows:
o Coordinates travel arrangements, including processing visas and other documentation for international travel; ensures time entries are entered, reviewed and completed whether by entering on behalf of the attorney or through reminders to the attorney to enter
o Facilitates the management of contacts utilizing InterAction, including entering contacts, reviewing contact updates, and revising marketing and event invitation lists
o Updates Interaction with key essential information and acknowledges milestones (birthdays, weddings, life events, etc.) for the assignments
o Screens calls from internal and external clients, prioritizing calls and scheduling appointments and meetings as necessary; processes phone calls, mail and email, using sound judgment in responding or forwarding to the appropriate person/department
- Facilitates the expense accounting process by obtaining adequate documentation required for submission, monitoring expense reports through final payment status, reconciling American Express statements to ensure that all balances are known and accounted for, and ensuring that the approvers are consistent and timely in reviewing items presented for their approval.
- Facilitates the new business intake process by initiating conflicts checks in the firm’s conflict resolution software, assisting the New Business Intake staff and partners by gathering the required information and documentation and entering it in the firm’s conflict resolution software, drafting engagement letters, and updating the partner(s) on the status of requests.
- Facilitates the records process through the creation of files in the firm’s Records Management software; properly maintaining client records in paper files and in the firm’s document management workspaces; and by sending materials to offsite storage upon the completion of matters.
- Facilitates the billing process through streamlining the process and gathering information as needed to minimize the burden on assigned partners.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops relationships internally with attorneys in Firm leadership and personnel in various administrative departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: College degree required.
- Experience: Two years’ experience working as an executive assistant; at least five years’ experience working in a professional services environment required.
- Special Knowledge: Requires strong legal and administrative skills, as well as an ability to multi-task and perform well under strict deadlines. Must be extremely well-organized and detail-oriented. Familiarity with document management systems a plus.
- Technical Skills: Experience in Microsoft Word (including creating and revising documents) and Outlook required; experience in PowerPoint, Excel and Visio strongly preferred.
- Attributes: Must possess the ability to effect change and handle tasks by utilizing and leading others. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to follow instructions effectively. Must be a self-starter who can work both independently or in a team environment. Must possess excellent customer service skills and be flexible to handle changing priorities to support business needs. Must have good telephone etiquette and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and skills required of personnel so classified. The firm reserves the right to revise or modify this job description at any time.
Salary: $80,000.00-$102,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.27.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt