Bay Area, CA, NY, D.C. Seattle, WA
The Events Manager will focus on the development and execution of multi-practice events and sponsorships, that support the brand, visibility and business goals of the firm. The Manager will focus on improving the effectiveness of the overall portfolio by refining the approach to individual events as well as continually evolving the event mix and approach. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
- Manage a department “playbook” vis-à-vis Events and Sponsorships Management that will streamline and automate business development and communications procedures, ensuring events maintain a consistent experience across practices and geographies.
- Support strategic development of marketing event programs that reinforce the brand, develop qualified leads, strengthen and expand client relations.
- Oversee all aspects of program and event execution for external cross-practice programs such as client briefings, attorney speaking engagements, special events and other programs related to marketing initiatives.
- Assist in the development and regular reporting of meaningful metrics that help improve the efficiency of the events and sponsorships function and demonstrate the value of the firm’s marketing events investments.
- Oversee vendor selection process and evaluate vendor relationships for their service quality, value and cost effectiveness.
- Help identify and develop projects designed to improve event processes, increase event management efficiency, reduce cost and increase event engagement.
- Leverage market awareness and industry best practices to recommend and facilitate innovative solutions on event programs and execution, including refining existing programs and establishing new events and initiatives.
- Advanced project management skills, which include: defining, scheduling, tracking, communicating status, managing projects, risk management, contingency planning and ability to acquire resources.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation, planning, organization and facilitation skills, including the ability to:
- Identify and resolve program issues (e.g., alignment, resources)
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships within marketing, across administrative departments (e.g., HR, PD, IT, Finance, etc.) and with partners and firm leadership to solve issues.
- Communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with clients, Firm members and other business contacts.
- Manage ambiguity, such as changing priorities and changing strategies.
- Work with and understand a diverse set of organizations and functions.
- Proven capability to accomplish difficult, complex goals with limited actual “authority.”
- Analyze issues, generate plans and communicate effectively and diplomatically.
- Understand and make judgments based on technical information and business needs specific to the organization’s solutions.
- Work effectively with multiple levels of management.
- Work independently and as a team player, both with internal staff and external contractors.
- Possess a high degree of self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with attorneys, staff, clients and the public.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to proactively anticipate problems as well as suggest and execute on solutions.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members in the same.
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office Products, as well as an overall affinity for technology to stay current with the evolving marketing technology landscape and ability to deploy tools that maximize efficiency and usability of the Firm’s marketing events function.
- Understand the design and print processes, some media and public relations experience.
- Sense of humor, with a knack for keeping morale high under often stressful circumstances.
The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience in professional services marketing. Experience in a fast-moving and demanding environment; professional services experience preferred; law firm experience a plus. Experience and ease with communication at the executive/C-Suite/partner level required. Experience in a highly matrixed and multi-geographical environment. Significant experience in project management processes and tools is required; PMI certification preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: $105,000.00-135,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 9.5.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt