New York, NY
The E-Discovery Specialist will assist attorneys on all technical aspects of litigation including: e-discovery; e-filing; electronic document management; management and use of deposition transcripts, exhibits; video compilations; graphical representation of exhibits; and hearing and trial presentations.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the litigation process, standard litigation support procedures and concepts, as well as a broad range of knowledge in applied litigation technology and be able to make recommendations to improve our practices. The position is responsible for responding to escalated issues and providing direct support to attorneys as needed. Candidates must have a demonstrated track record providing case management on large complex matters, with a thorough understanding of the E-Discovery process and high level of proficiency.
- Track data acquisition from internal and external resources and verify data integrity
- Process and analyze industry-standard processing tools
- Coordinate and manage databases and establish workflows to support efficient document reviews, search and retrieval
- Perform data remediation, including case disposition and deletion, archive, and restore Relativity workspaces, or databases related to other tools
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions
- Work with department leadership on maintenance and design of cloud-based E-Discovery solutions.
- Strong emphasis on quality control checking of all work, including data from vendors and third parties
- Knowledge of project management concepts and electronic evidence rules and laws
- The candidate will be self-motivated, exercise good judgment and show initiative in resolving problems and completing assignments
- Ability to process, load, and troubleshoot native data into E-Discovery platforms throughout the entire E-Discovery lifecycle
- A quick learner who is self-directed
- Experience supporting end-users performing basic to advanced tasks in E-Discovery platforms
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize workload
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a team environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Provide trainings and presentations
- B.A. required and at least 5 years of E-Discovery experience
- Law firm or professional services environment strongly preferred
- Prior experience in project management
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism, diplomacy, and confidentiality in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Strong organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Possess excellent follow through skills and demonstrate ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and self-motivation with a desire to take initiative and seek process improvement to create efficiencies
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Advanced Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, CaseNotebook, Relativity, Trial Director or other related presentation software and external web-based document repositories and case management tools
The salary range for this position is $95,000 – $140,000. Compensation depends on experience and qualifications.
Salary: $95,000 – $140,000
Date Active: 9.23.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt