New York, NY
The E-Billing Specialist is responsible for monitoring the progression of eBills in the Corporate Business Unit, from initial posting through payment, as indicated by the eHub reporting site. Although not regularly responsible for submitting eBills, the E-Billing Specialist will provide support with minimizing rejections by promptly notifying the appropriate partner and Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) when rejections occur and help with rejection resolution. Additionally, the E-Billing specialist will monitor and assist with client-specific rate adjustments as needed, obtain legal matter numbers (LMNs), research short-pays, and propose appeals. The E-Billing specialist will address any typical day-to-day eBilling issues and help facilitate approvals and payments.
- Investigate rejections, short payments, or delayed payments for eBills and identify where timekeeper approval issues are hindering payment. Efficiently work with finance, LAA or partners to resolve timekeeper approval issues.
- Review eBills in multiple eBilling systems and the eHub vendor site: investigate lack of approval, lack of payment, or rejection against payment terms, engagement letter, etc. (See workflow for additional detail); work in collaboration with the Finance team, billings and collections team, and LAAs as necessary.
- Monitor bills divided among syndicates to ensure each payer has an LMN, actively check and have the most-up-to-date information of all client payment terms, etc., coordinate with Finance and client contacts as necessary to prevent delays in payment.
- Assist with technical eBilling-related issues at the request of Finance, LAAs, or the Billing & Collections Supervisor on an ad hoc basis.
- Assist with collections overflow from LAAs or Billing & Collections Supervisor.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Billing & Collections Supervisor or Business Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Hands-on experience with Elite accounting system or similar financial system, including ability to run reports and provide basic support to lawyers and LAAs.
- MS Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate at all levels and across different functions.
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong time management, organization, prioritization and execution skills.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused and calm in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Highly collaborative style with ability to influence without authority.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Practical and results oriented.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience with Elite accounting system or similar financial system in a law firm, including ability to run reports and provide basic support to lawyers and LAAs
- Equivalent of 4 year college degree preferred
- Experience working in an international firm across time zones a plus
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work overtime or outside standard business hours as required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
Salary: Highly competitive merit based compensation
Date Active: 6.4.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt