Remote (Pacific Standard Time)
The Docketing & Court Services Clerk will be responsible for providing first-level support for the Firm’s automated docket and calendar system and procedures in CA, including all state and federal cases via routine data entry, daily maintenance, and communications with case teams.
- With guidance and supervision by attorneys, enters docket dates from court documents and correspondence and ensures appropriate maintenance of data in the CourtAlert system.
- Ensures daily preparation and distribution of reports from the docketing system including weekly lawyer deadlines reports and other case- specific reports asneeded.
- Provides necessary support and oversight for information workflows related to scheduling, calendaring, and procedures in litigation matters in the CA offices, and as needed for Firm lawyers in other offices.
- Evaluates processes and recommends improvements to the current systems and procedures related to docketing for CA cases.
- Responds to requests related to litigation scheduling, court rules, etc., from lawyers and staff.
- Provides first-level support for CA state and federal ECF, other pleadings and court papers filings, and case record file access and administration.
- As available, provides support for general paralegal tasks in the CA office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Firm management.
- At least two years of docketing or similar litigation calendar database experience at an AMLAW 100 or 200 firm in CA.
- Hands-on experience with a strong working knowledge of the Court Alert system.
- Working knowledge of CA and Federal court rules, including local rules of the various courts in CA.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills, and a strong service orientation; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and a willingness to work reasonable overtime as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Prior experience as a paralegal a plus.
- A degree from an accredited U.S. college or university is required.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 – $95,000, depending on experience, qualifications, and location.
Salary: $60,000 – $95,000
Date Active: 9.27.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt