New York, NY
9:00am to 5:00pm
A midsize global law firm is seeking an experienced Docket Clerk to join our New York office. The Docket Clerk is primarily responsible for assisting the Managing Clerk with the operation of the Managing Clerk’s Office.
- Docket and diary all upcoming future court dates, deadlines, conferences, responses, replies and correspondence in eDocket.
- Perform State and Federal Electronic Filings
- Create docket tracks and alerts for attorneys upon request in Westlaw & Pacerpro
- Maintenance of internal client charts and logs
- Monitor federal and state court cases for future court appearance dates, decisions or ECF and NYSCEF email notices.
- Produce and maintain the firm’s litigation calendar consisting of adjourned dates, conference dates, discovery dates, motion dates, trial dates and any other court imposed deadlines or other commitments that the attorney wants to be notified about via the firm-wide calendar/attorney tickler report.
- Open and monitor all new cases in eDocket.
- Docket and distribute litigation mail and legal pleadings served on the firm and/or filed by the firm.
- Attend calendar call in Sup/NY, when applicable.
- Fulfill the requirements of any other job/descriptions within the department when needed and to assist with other miscellaneous duties/projects within the department whenever needed.
- Accurately explain court procedures & court rules in details to attorneys and support staff.
- Have a strong knowledge of federal and state court rules and court procedures;
- Have prior docketing experience and familiarity with e-Docket or MA3000;
- Have experience with ECF and NYSCEF system;
- Familiarity with Westlaw and PACERPRO;
- Be highly competent and able to work independently with little supervision;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills;
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 2.18.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt