New York, NY
The D&I Specialist is a key member of the D&I Department, driving firmwide strategic initiatives that help the firm to attract, retain, and promote diverse talent and foster an inclusive environment. The Specialist will contribute to the development and execution of D&I programs, initiatives, and activities, including related communications, as set forth in greater detail below.
The position will report to the D&I Programs & Communications Manager and work closely with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), D&I Co-Chairs, D&I Standing Committee, D&I Director, Affinity Group leaders, other members of the D&I Department, and additional key stakeholders including leaders in the Marketing and Business Development department.
Focus of lead responsibilities will change from time to time. Under the leadership of the D&I Programs & Communications Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates in defining D&I programs and initiatives in support of the firm’s overarching D&I strategy and goals.
- Serves as a content writer for the D&I Department. Contributes to processes and tools for ensuring all written material is error-free and adheres to firm style and brand.
- Supports the development and delivery of internal and external corporate messaging and key talking points for D&I programs and initiatives.
- In collaboration with Communications team, manages the delivery of D&I communications across firm’s preferred internal and external communications channels, i.e. internal web site, and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Reviews and supports the development of leadership briefings, creates talking points and key messages, and writes articles or newsletters.
- Provides writing and research support for developing thought leadership pieces, blogs, and social media as needed.
- Contributes to client and third-party D&I RFPs, surveys, questionnaires, and responses to similar other external inquiries. Responsive to Relationship Manager requests.
- Serves as a liaison and resource to the firm’s Affinity Groups and Women’s Forum in their programming, activities and other initiatives; assists such groups in the execution of their initiatives and related endeavors
- Supports selection of, and interactions with, external vendors as needed to deliver on program activities and collateral.
- Collaborates with the Legal Recruiting team to develop, enhance, and implement summer, fall, and lateral attorney orientations; assists in preparing content for new attorney D&I orientation and pipeline initiatives.
- Collaborates with Professional Development to manage and coordinate D&I training programs; develops and maintains D&I eLearning library. Coordinates with PD on selection of attorney attendance at D&I conferences.
- Monitors sponsorship relationships and assists in maximizing firm’s utilization of benefits. Tracks external sponsorships and make recommendations regarding the continued support of various organizations. Prepares analyses on effectiveness of the firm’s external D&I programs and initiatives.
- Maintains firm’s intranet and provides content for the external website to reflect up-to-date information on D&I programs, events, calendars, and other initiatives/endeavors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or master’s degree a strong plus.
- Minimum three years of internal or integrated communications and/or content writing experience, preferably in a professional services or law firm environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding of, and exposure to the diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) field and theories of intersectionality. DEI certificate conferred a plus. Cross cultural skills and awareness.
- Experience in digital media, i.e. web/intranet, social media, podcasts, blogs, etc., and digital platforms, i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Prior event planning experience preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Superior interpersonal skills and judgment; ability to positively interact with others, even in difficult situations.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize work efficiently and effectively.
- Expert user of all Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 10.28.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt