New York, NY or Washington, DC
Premier, global, law firm is looking for a strategic, results-oriented manager, based in their Washington, D.C. or New York office, to work with lawyers to strengthen and expand key client relationships through D&I initiatives. This is an opportunity to be part of a uniquely collaborative culture, working with a dynamic team within our global Marketing & Business Development function and coordinating closely with our D&I team to support the firm’s marketing and D&I strategic action plan. This position will plan and execute systematic programs and initiatives to connect with clients on D&I issues. This position reports to the Director of Client Relations, based in New York, and also works with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, based in Washington, D.C.
Duties and Responsibilities
Relationship Management Program
- Plan and execute measurable projects, events and campaigns to connect with clients on D&I topics and issues.
- Review D&I goals in annual client plans, support execution and find ways to leverage good ideas across clients, offices, and industries.
- In coordination with D&I team, track emerging D&I topics and issues to inform potential client activities.
- Identify opportunities with individual clients and connect appropriate firm lawyers to pursue these opportunities.
- Collaborate with other Marketing & BD team members to assure coordinated approaches to RM clients on D&I efforts.
- Analyze industry, client, and legal data to proactively identify client expectations and opportunities to connect.
- Strengthen and develop external relationships with diversity-related organizations, thought leaders and vendors.
Client Development & Marketing
- Prepare compelling D&I content for client-specific pitch materials, including responses to RFPs.
- Analyze and track client engagement on D&I to improve the firm’s initiatives and to alert key attorneys to strategic opportunities to strengthen relationships with clients through D&I.
- Leverage firm’s Market Research team to analyze market opportunities and to assist attorneys/groups in preparation for client meetings.
- Conduct client interviews to obtain feedback on Firm’s D&I efforts, relationship with client, and ways we can continue to improve. Maintain and track client feedback interviews and assist with follow-up. Share feedback with D&I to inform current and future efforts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required. Timely and regular attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field required. MBA a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and proactivity/initiative.
- High-energy, creativity, and value-added orientation.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and other pressures while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Minimum of five years of experience in professional services marketing and business development. Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development.
- Previous experience in dealing with US and global D&I issues, trends and best practices is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with a client feedback program is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Facility with InterAction, Salesforce, or other CRM systems and knowledge management tools are a plus.
Salary: $125,000.00-$135,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 5.18.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt