NJ, NY or DC
Who We Are
Firm is one of the most sophisticated law firms in the United States, with over 350 lawyers and 300 business services professionals serving clients from offices in New York, Palo Alto, New Jersey, Utah, and Washington, D.C. They recruit candidates who seek a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that prioritizes our clients, their colleagues, and the communities where they work and live. Committed to career development and to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, the firm offers many programs and opportunities for personal and professional growth. They seek professionals for their business services group who share these values.
What You Will Do
Firm is seeking a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Specialist to support the firm’s diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) efforts. Reporting to the firm’s Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, this position will work closely with members of the firm’s Human Resources team, firm lawyers and various departments involved in DEI efforts to implement and advance DEI initiatives. This role will be responsible for translating strategies into actionable plans and work in collaboration with others to execute relevant programming, training, and other firm strategies to foster an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
Essential Job Requirements
- Supports DEI initiatives and executes relevant strategies that benefit both attorneys and staff.
- Plans all aspects of diversity-related and cultural heritage programs and events.
- Works closely with the Director of DEI on the collection, analysis, quantification, and benchmarking of diversity data, trends, and other related information, including the creation of reports.
- Responsible for planning, tracking, and evaluating the DEI budget.
- Compiles, organizes and circulates data and responses to industry and client surveys on DEI generally, and as it relates to the firm’s participation in the Mansfield Rule initiative.
- Captures and circulates reports, articles and developments in the legal profession regarding DEI.
- Creates, monitors and updates DEI communications and collateral materials.
- Coordinates support for the DEI Committee and the firm’s employee resource groups (ERGs), including preparing agendas and recording minutes for circulation.
- Collaborates with counterparts on other firm teams and across firm offices on program planning and execution.
- Serves as point of contact on external vendor relationships.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Adheres to the highest standards of personal and professional conduct, and embraces and supports the Firm’s core values, mission and vision.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about law firm diversity, equity and inclusion issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Experience in recruiting, marketing, communications, and event planning is preferred.
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Stellar writing and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a detail-oriented and proactive approach to projects.
- Strong client-service orientation.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment (i.e., frequent change, delays or unexpected events).
- Ability to manage competing demands.
- Willingness to travel to other Firm offices on occasion.
- Must be self-initiating, exercise good judgment, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintains prompt, predictable, and regular physical attendance (subject to COVID-19 limitations).
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others.
Education and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years closely related experience and/or project management experience at a law firm, government agency, or professional services organization required.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 4.7.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt