New York, NY (remote to start)
This individual will work with the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to execute the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy including evaluating, assessing and increasing the efficacy of ongoing efforts.
- Leads preparation of diversity-related statistical information for firm and region-wide monitoring reports, client requests, external surveys, RFPs and other related external requests as it pertains to diversity and inclusion.
- A key aspect of this role will be automating these efforts and partnering with the Business Development to increase the efficiency of this process.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team and relationship partners to develop DE&I collaboration opportunities which includes DE&I panels and summits, exchange of DE&I best practices, joint inclusive leadership training, and discussions on diversity expectations for outside counsel.
- Develop diversity-related communications, reports, and surveys requiring research, analysis, and evaluation.
- Monitor trends and innovations related to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and other professional services firms to identify and develop new initiatives, approaches, and programs related to recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of women and diverse lawyers.
- Collaborates with Attorney Development, Legal Recruiting, Human Resources, and Practice Groups to support and address training needs, develop curricula, and implement programs to maximize the effectiveness and quality of said programs and ultimately incorporate diversity and inclusion throughout the firm.
- Assist in ad hoc team and Talent projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of experience in Legal or Professional services preferred
- Experience working with HR data and HR systems (Workday and ViDesktop experience preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, client service, and written and verbal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to work with senior members of the organization
- Professional and positive demeanor along with an ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, passionate about innovating and problem-solving
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- Exercises good judgment and strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous responsibilities
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.6.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt