New York, NY
The Distressed Debt Analyst assists attorneys and investment fund clients in connection with analyzing, processing, and closing various transactions.
- Assists attorneys with all aspects of bank debt, claims and private equity trades.
- Conducts preliminary diligence reviews.
- Reviews, revise and proofread transaction documentation.
- Coordinates transaction settlements directly with clients and counterparties.
- Oversees electronic settlement platform activity.
- Oversees and performs post-closing document organization.
- Performs simultaneous management of multiple transactions.
- Conducts extensive client contact.
- Assists clients in maintaining and reconciling asset inventories
- Researches current industry developments and issues in debt, equity and claims trading.
- Monitors bankruptcy court dockets and news in connection with certain credits
- Monitors and updates internal database with status of transactions
- Prepares closing checklists
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant legal support experience in distressed debt and/or claims trading.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Clearpar electronic settlement platform a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong computer and research skills (familiarity with PowerPoint and Excel is required)
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work independently or within a team as necessary
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform successfully and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and exercise good judgment
- Ability to take direction well and be flexible
- The duties of the position may require extended and irregular hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
*COVID-19 Vaccination Disclosure: In order to promote a safe workplace for all, vaccination against
COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable
accommodation for disability or religion. Proof of vaccination must be shown at the time of hire, unless a request for an exemption is received and approved by the Firm
Salary: $65,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 2.2.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt