Boston, New York, Washington, DC
Premier, global, law firm is seeking a Director of Pricing & Project Management who will provide leadership and drive innovation in the delivery of legal services and pricing strategies consistent with the Firm’s strategic, financial, and business objectives. The Director will be responsible for building out, leading, and managing the Firm’s pricing activities and initiatives. The Director will provide support to Firm management, Client Relations Partners (CRPs), key lawyers and other administrative groups by providing legal industry practice intelligence, client/matter management assistance, and internal data analysis to align firm goals, enhance client service, and realize pricing objectives. The Director will build out the Firm’s Pricing and Project Management department.
- Develop, lead, and drive a robust approach and framework for the Firm’s strategic pricing and matter budgeting practices and methodologies. Work collaboratively with the Firm’s leadership on growing revenue, profitability, market share, and other business targets.
- Lead and advise on fee analysis, structure, and agreement on the Firm’s largest and most important matters.
- Develop economic models to assess the profitability of new business proposals and lead the development of creative, workable pricing solutions in response to client pricing demands, including AFAs.
- Provide expertise and coaching to billing lawyers involved in pricing and AFAs.
- Lead the annual rate setting process, practice area financial analysis, and other revenue and profitability programs.
- Establish and use management systems, reporting tools, analytics, and metrics. Provide business interpretation and analysis of data to firm management, and make recommendations for organizational and operational improvements.
- Partner with Business Development & Marketing team in drafting the financial and pricing responses to client RFP submissions
- Monitor current trends and new developments in practice management and pricing standard. Develop corresponding strategies and implement new programs and approaches as appropriate.
- Lead various projects in relation to client profitability and pricing initiatives; respond to ad-hoc requests for client pricing support.
- Provide routine financial status updates regarding matters/clients to partners and senior management as needed.
- Participate in building and fostering a culture that is team-oriented, collegial, and committed to professional excellence. Manage, mentor, and develop staff and ensure all functional resources are aligned with the Firm’s vision.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business Administration, Finance or Technical discipline degree preferred.
- 10+ years of financial analysis experience in a global law firm (preferred) or legal/professional services environment.
- Broad experience in defining and leading strategic projects and implementing strategy management processes.
- Experience leading and inspiring a team.
- Experience with strategic pricing projects that integrate with overall strategic corporate goals.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must have strong working knowledge of database reporting, as well as advanced Excel skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
Salary: $175,000.00-$200,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 7.27.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt