New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, Palo Alto, CA, San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
Reports To: Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer
Based in any of the Firm’s U.S. offices, the Director of Diversity and Inclusion will be responsible for supporting and furthering the Firm’s efforts in the following key areas: attracting and retaining talent, elevating Diversity & Inclusion as a priority for Firm’s leadership and practice groups, raising the profile of the Firm in the legal and corporate communities, and in coordination with the Firm’s marketing team developing partnerships with key clients focused on diversity and inclusion. The Director will provide thought leadership and support working with the Firm’s diversity leadership to develop a strategic approach to the Firm’s efforts.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in corporate or law firm environment(s) with significant level of responsibility and expertise in gender equity, and diversity and inclusion initiatives. § Strong oral and written communication skills. § Cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, among others. § High level of proficiency with data management, analysis, and reporting. § Superior judgment and ability to deal discreetly with confidential information. § Ability to interact well and build professional relationships with a collaborative approach to working with all levels and departments. § Ability to self-direct, manage multiple priorities, analyze needs, and implement solutions. § Strong administrative and organizational skills. Attention to detail for both long and short-term projects, and responsibilities. § Experience in using databases, Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, Power Point, and Excel. § Must be flexible to adjust hours to meet departmental needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Attracting and Retaining Talent
- Work with the Firm’s recruiting leadership to develop and implement initiatives which will attract additional diverse talent to the firm § Work with the Firm’s professional development leadership to assist in monitoring the development of the Firm’s diverse associates, ensuring that appropriate opportunities are created, and that any areas identified for development are addressed. § Create and maintain appropriate metrics to measure the Firm’s success in attracting, and retaining diverse talent. § Develop diversity and inclusion programming including committee programming, Firm communications, training programs by outside consultants, conferences, and affinity group events.
Raising the Profile of the Firm
- Identify key communications about the Firm’s diversity initiatives, including the production of brochures, newsletters, and website content relating to diversity and inclusion. § Work with the Public Relations team to develop a strategy for participating in key surveys to ensure that the Firm is getting appropriate coverage. § Develop and implement a strategy for the Firm’s participation in external events to ensure that the Firm is using its resources with the greatest impact.
Developing Partnership with Clients
- Responsible for the completion of all client, industry, and bar organization diversity and inclusion surveys, including collaborating with internal and external parties to request, collect, validate, and submit all necessary data. § Work with the Marketing team to identify and develop value-added programs for clients who are interested in working with the firm on existing or new diversity initiatives. § Lead, coordinate, and support client initiatives and communications related to diversity and inclusion. § Oversee the relationship with counterparts of clients to ensure that we provide them with information requested and maintain a strong working relationship.
- Create appropriate metrics and monitor internal, and external data required to conduct frequent statistical analysis on Firm diversity metrics. Oversee efforts to improve the efficiency of data compilation. § Manage the Diversity & Inclusion department’s operations and administrative activities including departmental expenditures. Prepare and analyze reports, and prepare the annual departmental budget in consultation with the co-chairs of the Firm’s Diversity Committee. § Compile, organize, and assess best practice materials, articles, and benchmarking tools both within law firms, and the broader diversity community. § Represent Firm at recruiting, client, and community stakeholder events, and expand outreach efforts to increase visibility, and success of the firm’s initiatives.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.8.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt