Summary: The Director of Administration is primarily responsible for the management of all human resources, employee benefits, staffing, office management and legal business administration. The office consists of approximately 75 employees, with 40 attorneys. This position reports directly to the Managing Partner and works closely with the Director of Finance and the Director of Information Technology.
Essential Job Requirements
– Responsible for overall office administration, including remote work operations.
– Manage recruitment, onboarding and exit transition process for all employees.
– Supervision of administrative staff employees, including legal secretaries, office services and reception.
– Manage employee attendance, vacations and leaves of absence and work to address daily staff service coverage needs for attorneys.
– Manage performance, evaluation and compensation process for administrative staff.
– Maintain the firm’s NYS CLE provider status, processing required reporting, and, maintaining records of attorney CLE credits using related software.
– Monitor business regulatory activity and legal management trends, working to ensure policies are compliant and competitive.
– Manage business insurance policies for professional liability, property casualty, cybersecurity, EPLI, etc.
– Manage relationships with vendors for office and legal research operations, monitoring contracts and approving monthly vendor invoices.
– Manage office space, engaging in planning, relocations, construction and renovation projects, as well as disposal of equipment and furniture.
– Work with building management on day-to-day facilities issues.
– Manage special event functions, including meetings, holiday parties, etc.
– Oversee storage space inventory, managing destruction activity of related files.
– Assist with collections activity for select clients.
– Work on additional projects as required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
– Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills, and sound business decision making ability required.
– Must be client-service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
– Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and to work independently.
– Working knowledge of business computer technology.
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
– Recent related legal management experience or equivalent experience in a professional services environment preferred.
– College degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Salary: Open, dependent on experience
Date Active: January 13, 2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt