San Francisco, CA
The Administration Department has an opening for a Director of Administration in the San Francisco office. The Director of Administration provides oversight and management of the Firm’s San Francisco (SF) and Silicon Valley (SV) offices, and is responsible for the administrative and operational aspects of the offices, as well as the overall supervision of the human resource functions for legal and support personnel. The Director acts as liaison between SF/SV leadership and Firmwide management to ensure consistent application and execution of firm policies and procedures. This highly-visible leadership position develops and implements systems and strategies for improving administrative productivity and firm profitability, builds consensus by promoting positive employee communication and interaction, and fosters a positive, non-discriminatory and harassment-free work environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promoting firm culture and creating and fostering a cohesive office life.
- Designing and implementing engagement programs, initiatives and opportunities for collaboration.
- Creating community and positive morale through consistent programming and intentional consensus building.
- Promoting and encouraging collegiality and effective communication and interaction at all levels within the SF and SV Offices.
- Serving as an energized leader and effective liaison between management and employees.
- Identifying and resolving SF and SV areas of concern.
- Negotiating and maintaining facility leases as well as vendor/service contracts.
- Coordinating with building management to ensure facility maintenance and safety.
- Directing all phases of office remodeling (and/or relocation) projects; including, contractor selection, space planning and design, project coordination and financial administration.
- Introducing and maintaining local COVID safety protocols that account for regional requirements and align with the firmwide processes.
- Overseeing outsourced entities.
- Coordinating legal and professional staff development; including on-boarding/orientation, training, and counseling.
- Working closely with firmwide Human Resources to maintain SF and SV employment records and collaborating on SF and SV personnel issues as they arise.
- Administering employee incentives, evaluations, compensation and benefits programs; preparing/providing input for reviews.
- Ensuring compliance with the Firm’s human resources policies and procedures and current state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Recommending and implementing firm-identified appropriate staffing ratios to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Maintaining safety, first aid and disaster prevention programs in compliance with firm policies and procedures and current state and federal requirements.
- Preparing, reviewing and analyzing annual operational budget.
- Monitoring expenditures, promoting cost savings measures and analyzing monthly budget variances.
- Maintaining and promoting banking relations.
- Four-year college degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years’ supervisory/management experience in a comparable environment.
- Experience creating budgets.
- Contract negotiations experience; including leases, service contracts, outsourcing agreements desirable.
- Space planning and utilization management experience desirable.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, competency in financial reporting and analysis, and experience in operational budget preparation.
- Familiarity with fundamental human resources policies and procedures, as well as current state and federal statutory and regulatory employment law requirements.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to take concepts from inception to execution.
- Flexibility to work additional hours as necessary; including evenings, weekends, holidays and Firm closures.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Effective leadership experience.
- Ability to be a change agent and drive new Firm initiatives.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic focus.
- Possess exceptional judgement and professionalism.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Possess reliability, dependability and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compesation
Date Active: 1.7.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt