New York, NY, Bay Area, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Seattle, WA
As a business-savvy technologist, the Digital Marketing Technology Manager enhances the firm’s marketing/business development function with technology solutions that deliver improved results. The position is accountable for translating the firm’s marketing vision into technology implementations that deliver on marketing and business growth goals and help develop strategies that deploy effective marketing tactics. This position can be based in any of our offices.
Functional Management: Be an advanced user and administrator of the marketing technologies that enable the firm’s digital marketing content and its distribution, including the firm’s web CMS platform, social media platforms, email and marketing automation.
Process Management: Accountable for the business processes associated with these systems. Develops new processes, modifies and updates existing ones, sunsets those that have outlived their usefulness, automates them where possible, and maintains a library of end-user process documentation.
Relationship Management: Acts as an interpreter and connector; fluently speaks the languages of both marketing and technology and can help translate into solutions or technical specifications. A client service mindset is an important prerequisite for the role. Collaborate with various departments in the firm, inclusive of firm leadership, partners, IT and key marketing/BD stakeholders, to plan, develop and launch martech solutions and propose process improvement. Although not required to create code, the ideal candidate must understand how systems could interconnect to integrate data across all digital channels, and be able to provide guidance to technical specialists.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Able to act as a knowledge resource and advocate for the value of marketing technology systems.
- Intermediate understanding of other administrative functions that relate to marketing/BD, and basic understanding of all administrative functions at the firm.
- Able to quickly develop an advanced understanding of the firm’s core values, business model and competitive landscape.
- Advanced expertise in variety of marketing software such as marketing automation platforms (certification in Marketo highly preferred), CRM platforms, analytic and reporting tools, etc.
- Ability to develop reporting, including delivery methods and channels, that exposes actionable information and motivates behavior.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex messages and concepts to stakeholders in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Excellent presentation/public speaking and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate high-level project goals and inspire participation at all levels by connecting individual contributions to achieving the goal(s).
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction and guidance in marketing projects and functions – at the department, individual partner and practice group level.
- Develop complex, multi-project plans based on understanding of firm goals, priorities, and resource constraints.
- Anticipates intermediate-level problems and efficiently develop creative solution and effectively advocates for adoption of proposed solutions.
- Ability to supervise, including creating a vision for work, identifying professional development goals, creating plans, providing necessary coaching and guidance, and manage performance issues.
- Demonstrates resilience, composure and the ability to quickly adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting to the Sr. Marketing Technology Manager, the qualified candidate will have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a marketing technology leadership role (reporting to a Director/VP) in a corporate or professional services setting. Law firm experience, while advantageous, is not required. Bachelor’s degree in technology related field preferred; graduate degree in marketing or business and/or equivalent in working experience.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 2.12.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt