New York, NY
The CDP Paralegal supports Firm’s cyber/data/privacy attorneys who counsel clients on privacy, information security and data protection issues, including regulatory compliance, privacy and security due diligence in corporate transactions, data breach response, cybersecurity risk management, consumer and employee privacy, incident response planning and preparedness, technology transactions, vendor management, board of director advice and consultation, and support of litigation and regulatory investigations. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, standardize and manage c/d/p knowledge resources, including forms and templates, educational materials, marketing materials and position papers
- Monitor, research, and analyze federal and state legislation, judicial decisions, regulatory proposals, political trends, and other agency initiatives affecting Firm clients.
- Curate research results and assist with the preparation, editing, and delivery of internal and client alerts.
- Assist with project management, data mapping and data analysis related to incident response, privacy compliance and other projects
- Develop and implement processes to set up timelines and checklists to manage practice group projects.
- Manage and track project deadlines, deliverables, and meetings to ensure timely completion of all projects and assist with document and information management needs of the practice group.
- Collaborate with attorneys to develop commentary regarding topics and key issues relevant to current and prospective clients.
- Manage government/regulatory filings and compliance processes.
- Respond to ad-hoc research requests often with a tight deadlines.
- Contribute and edit practice group blog and email newsletters.
- Other tasks as assigned by practice group or paralegal management.
Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in public policy or related field
- 2+ years of substantive work experience as a paralegal or legal project manager.
- Available to work overtime, as required and often on short notice
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Previous law firm experience.
- Excellent oral communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work well with others
- Proven ability to take initiative and, as needed, direct projects autonomously
- Must be able to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and excellent client service
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.21.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt