New York, NY
The Practice Manager for the Corporate department works with the Corporate Managing Partner on associate relations, rotations, reviews, policies and related administration matters. The ideal candidate will know how to meet the Firm’s standards of excellence in supporting the firm’s attorney groups, liaising between various departments within the Firm in order to effectively support the practice’s objectives.
- Meets regularly with relevant partners and the Associate Director of Legal Personnel and Head of Professional Development to discuss project updates and deadlines;
- Point of contact for corporate associates regarding assignments, rotations, work allocation concerns, relationships with group members, etc.;
- Coordinates rotations for current corporate associates and maintains relevant documentation;
- Compiles corporate caucus materials;
- In coordination with the Legal Talent team, compiles assignment requests and class credit data with the Managing Partner to determine all new corporate hires;
- Tracks professional development information for relevant population;
- Partners with Practice Manager – Litigation/Tax on advisor and partner mentor pairings and program development for relevant populations;
- Oversees, enhances and develops the review process for relevant populations, including analyzing relevant review data;
- Conducts check-in meetings with incoming associates and rotating associates;
- Conducts exit interviews, alongside members of the Legal Talent team, with associates in relevant populations;
- Works with the Corporate Managing Partner to solicit secondment interest, liaising with secondment contacts and processing all onboarding logistics and secondment extensions;
- Assists with the development, implementation, and coordination of associate development initiatives and morale events;
- Drafts, edits and maintains necessary checklists, organizational charts, spreadsheets and documents related to professional development;
- With partner input, leads innovation projects within the practice from concept to completion;
- Stays apprised of developments in other practice groups, departments and across the Firm;
- Provides general assistance on ad-hoc projects; and
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- At least 5 years of professional services experience;
- Minimum 3 years of law firm experience; experience in practice group or talent management in large law firm preferred;
- Ability to work effectively with others, particularly senior-level members of the Firm;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Ability to analyze data, drawing accurate conclusions and making appropriate recommendations, as needed;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including solid composition and editing skills;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well independently, as well as within a team structure;
- Motivation to learn and ability to adapt to change;
- Problem-solving ingenuity with ability to proactively identify problems and recommend solutions;
- Ability to work well under pressure and coordinate several activities simultaneously, often under strict time constraints;
- Ability to take and follow instructions, as well as delegate effectively;
- Highly organized and effective project manager; and
- Availability to work additional hours, as needed.
This position is located in the firm’s New York office, and currently has a hybrid work schedule, but that is subject to change.
The estimated salary range for this position is $140,000 to $180,000. The actual salary offered will be based on a wide range of factors, including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and where applicable, licensure or certification obtained. Market and Firm factors are also considered. In addition to base salary and discretionary bonus(es), the firm offers a generous employee benefits package including, but not limited to, paid time off, medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) and substantial health club discounts.
Date Active: 2.2.2023, dependent on experience and other factors
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt