New York, NY
A boutique, corporate, law firm that provides corporate, litigation, regulatory and intellectual property services is seeking a corporate paralegal (start-up) to support its founding partner. Partner represents entrepreneurs, emerging and growth companies, and venture funds in a variety of industries including consumer products and goods, technology and hospitality. Partner advises on initial company formations, founder arrangements, debt and equity financings, complex restructurings (including negotiating with debt and equity lenders, investors and vendors), equity incentive plans, joint ventures, and complex commercial arrangements. Partner also acts as a general counsel to many of her clients and advises on day to day legal issues that arise during the life cycle of a growth business.
Responsibilities include assistance in company formation and maintenance, equity and stock option administration, basic to complex venture capital and debt financings, and consistently ensures client service and client satisfaction are attained in all areas of position. This position will based in the firm’s headquartered office in SoHo, NY.
- Corporate records management;
- Stock option plan implementation and administration;
- Venture capital financings;
- Blue sky research; and
- CapMx, Shareworks and eShares equity management systems.
- 3-5+ years of Corporate Paralegal experience.
- Exemplary communication, research and organizational skills.
- The ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
- Experience working in mid-large law firm or boutique law firm setting.
- A four-year degree and/or a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 6.5.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt