New York, NY
Client is a NYC and LA-based boutique law firm that works as both external GC and strategic legal advisor to innovative and impactful businesses across the country. They are looking for an experienced, detail oriented Sr. Corporate Paralegal to join their corporate and transactional practice. You will work with emerging companies, founders, and growth stage startups in all aspects of their business life cycle, including raising debt and equity capital, strategic and growth transactions, and day-to-day ongoing advisory work.
In this role, your responsibilities will include assisting in company formation and maintenance, equity and stock option administration, basic to complex venture capital and debt financings, while ensuring clients are receiving the highest level of client service. Their team is nimble, hard-working and loves what they do. If you are looking to join a dynamic and growing legal practice and enjoy meeting challenges head on, let’s talk!
Who Client Is
Firm is a female founded practice grown to a team of 15, including corporate and litigation lawyers with backgrounds from Debevoise & Plimpton, Wachtell Lipton, Cleary Gottlieb, Paul Weiss, Sullivan & Cromwell, and Akin Gump.
Must-Have “Hard Skills”
- 3-5+ years of Corporate Paralegal experience.
- Experience working in a mid to large law firm or boutique law firm setting.
- Highly organized and able to work across multiple matters and projects without losing attention to detail.
- Experience with stock option plan administration, implementation, and cap table management systems such as Carta.
- Have supported both basic and complex venture capital financings.
- Familiarity and prior experience with Blue Sky research.
Ideal Candidate “Soft Skills”
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are thoughtful and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You are a self-starter and able to creatively execute with little oversight.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment where the work can vary significantly day-to-day.
- Competitive base salary and performance-based bonus.
- Health benefits.
- 401(k) participation, with firm match.
- Firm-subsidized emergency childcare with our partner, Vivvi.
- Parental and other flexible leave policies.
- Flexible work arrangements.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 6.5.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt