New York, NY
The Firm is a unique private management company overseeing the assets of a select few families. We’re seeking a high-quality candidate who has strong logic and analytical skills combined with relevant legal and administrative experience that can be applied across a wide spectrum of legal and investment management activities. Our company oversees all aspects of a broad portfolio of investments including real estate, operating businesses, and venture capital. We are a small group of professionals doing interesting and challenging work in an intimate environment.
The role we are looking to fill demands a combination of skills as it has elements of a Senior Executive Assistant a Corporate Paralegal as well as an Office Manager. You will work directly and in constant collaboration with the CEO, CFO and General Counsel (as well as members of the client families) as a team member and be exposed to every area of the business.
The primary function of this role will be to assist in asset management, investment due diligence, and general executive assistance to the senior officers. However, the applicant will also be expected to play a significant role in overseeing the basic operations of the office and to meet and welcome guests who come to the office for in-person meetings.
- This is an in-person role and you’ll be expected to be in the company’s offices in midtown Manhattan five days a week. However, very rarely will you be asked to work outside 9am to 5pm or on weekends.
- Provide paralegal support to the General Counsel as needed, including:
- Assist with the formation and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and other types of business entities.
- Assist in the drafting of legal docs including Operating Agreements, Purchase and Sale Contracts, Leases, Tenant Notices, Management Agreements, officer certificates, consents, resolutions, minutes, and related basic corporate and real estate documents
- Responsible for general corporate housekeeping, maintaining corporate records (including corporate kits)
- Assist in all phases of venture capital financings, coordinating all related pre- and post- closing documents.
- Provide ongoing executive assist support to the CEO.
- Use Excel and web-based equity tracking systems, including Carta and Juniper Square, to maintain books and records for our various investment SPVs.
- Help oversee administration of the company health insurance plan.
- Maintain the office and coordinate purchase of supplies and any needed repairs.
- Receive incoming calls, relay messages and route correspondence.
- Help create presentations explaining business performance.
- Help schedule and run meetings including room set-up, organization of presentation materials, and ordering refreshments.
- Assist in booking business travel arrangements and accommodations for senior execs and clients.
- Contributes to the company’s excellence by being professional and offering quality service and a “can do” attitude to all co-workers, clients and vendors.
- Work independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects as directed.
- Assemble confidential and sensitive information.
- Respond to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or relevant work experience, required
- Bachelor’s degree or greater, preferred
- Paralegal Certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related experience including general corporate and transactional legal work.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office – specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of corporate law in general and a specific understanding of NYS corporate law.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Excellent communication skills, be it via email, print, telephone or in-person.
- Comfort with basic bookkeeping and math.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with Carta, Juniper Square and/or similar Web based equity tracking systems.
- Skills in social media and creating PowerPoint presentations a plus.
- Experience within a law firm, other legal or similar environment
- Experience with C-level support
- Experience with Commercial Real Estate a plus
- Experience as executive assistant a plus
$80,000 – $120,000, depending on experience and qualifications. This position is nonexempt.
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt