New York, NY
The Corporate Paralegal will assist attorneys with their responsibilities and assignments in connection with the representation of their clients by handling day-to-day transaction management.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Assist with fund formation.
- Maintain internal database of investor information.
- Analyze and review subscription agreements and side letters.
- Assist with entity formation, including corporate name availability and reservation, assist with drafting of corporate organizational documents, assist with corporate records maintenance, and prepare foreign qualifications, dissolutions and withdrawals.
- Draft ancillary documents under attorney supervision (e.g., officer’s certificates, bylaws, corporate resolutions, stock certificates, collateral receipt letters, etc.).
- Proofread and revise principle transaction documents (e.g., Private Placement Memorandum, Operating Agreement, Limited Partnership Agreement, etc.).
- Disseminate documentation to clients and to outside parties; work efficiently with firm support services, such as, Reprographics, Document Production and outside couriers.
- Create closing checklist and working group list; draft signature pages and assist with preparation of agreements, schedules and exhibits. Proof documents and track the status of document preparation. Incorporate client and outside counsel comments in documents.
- Prepare closing files, labels, and folders and assist with the closing. Compile executed documents and save onto internal document management system (DeskSite).
- Organize and distribute originally executed agreements to client and outside counsel. Compile and index documents for preparation of closing binder. Assemble and distribute closing binders in a timely fashion.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Proactive self-starter who understands the details within the larger context.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly.
- Be a team player
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to confidently and graciously interact with Associates, Partners, Paralegals and all staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with strong academic record.
Salary: $75,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 6.21.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt