Boston, MA or New York, NY
The Corporate Paralegal Manager will manage and supervise corporate paralegals in offices across the firm, including Boston, NY, Washington, DC and San Diego. This role will direct and monitor the staffing of corporate paralegals on work requests from the Corporate Section and ensure that assignments are completed accurately and timely. In addition, the Corporate Paralegal Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a well-documented training program for new and existing paralegals; ensuring that skills are being kept up-to-date and that work is being performed as consistently as possible across offices. Finally, the Corporate Paralegal Manager will be responsible for setting high-bar service and performance expectations for the paralegal group and then managing to those expectations.
- Manages the day-to-day work of a cross-office team of Corporate Paralegals.
- Identifies, develops and implements training necessary to keep the skillset of Corporate Paralegals current.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on hiring strategies and employee relations issues.
- Performs hands-on work to support and supplement the Corporate Paralegal group.
Work includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing deal support and closing logistics for small to mid-size transactions.
- Has a keen understanding of common typed of transactions such as mergers, debt financings, bridge financings, stock offerings, IPOS and other forms of raising capital.
- Drafting supporting certificates and schedules as directed by attorneys.
- Coordinating distributions of large document productions.
- Developing systems for tracking delivery of documents.
- Able to determine and solve common problems encountered in transactions.
- Understanding life cycle of corporate entities.
- Preparing initial charters, amendments thereto and entity conversion documents.
- Assisting in the drafting of related public and internal entity documents for corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and business trusts.
- Understanding common SEC and state filings for a variety of entities (e.g., private companies, trusts, mutual funds, public companies).
- Demonstrating familiarity with common exemptions and their application with the SEC and various states. Prepare and file federal Form D and related blue-sky filings.
- Performing public searches of all kinds, including federal and state lien searches, financing statements and secretary of state records.
- Preparing summary charts.
- Obtaining status certificates and certified copies of documents from state and federal agencies.
- Working independently to complete and file various forms with the Internal Revenue Service, including, but not limited to, forms 1023, SS-4, and 8832.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7-10+ years of transactional experience at Am Law 100 Firm.
- 3+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience creating, proctoring, scaling and maintaining training materials focused on corporate transactions for varying levels of experienced paralegals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and develop teams.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and drive processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
Possesses a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment, and the highest standards of ethics.
- Displays the highest level of diplomacy, tact, discretion, and an ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding the firm’s business.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with Intapp or equivalent time entry applications.
- Proficiency in using suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn and master new applications and software as needed.
This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this job.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt