Boston or New York
As a member of the Corporate & Capital Markets Department, the Corporate Paralegal will assist attorneys in our U.S. offices with all stages of corporate transactions and general corporate and securities matters.
Critical Success Factors
- Able to interact with all levels of legal staff and personnel, including management and support staff.
- Team-oriented and able to work in a multi-office environment across all technology platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to follow up and follow through.
- Strong organizational, writing, communications and time management skills.
- Self-starter with a collaborative “get the job done” attitude.
- Assisting with forming, registering, maintaining, and dissolving corporations, limited liability companies, and other legal entities, including with respect to confirmation of name availability, payment of annual and other taxes and fees, filing of all necessary documents, obtaining employer identification numbers, and preparing and maintaining minute books.
- Drafting closing documents including, but not limited to, officer’s certificates, third party consents, cross receipts, capitalization tables, and stock transfer documents; compiling information and preparing schedules and exhibits to agreements.
- Assisting attorneys with due diligence in the areas of corporate records, contracts, leases, etc.; creating and managing a file system for easy retrieval of diligence documents; managing data rooms for potential transactions.
- Drafting, filing and liaising between clients and attorneys regarding closing and post-closing federal and state filings in connection with capital raising transactions (e.g. Form D, Form ID, state Blue Sky laws).
- Serving as liaison between clients and attorneys regarding the maintenance of corporate records, minute books, and various tasks associated with entity maintenance.
- Managing firm relationships with vendors providing corporate filing and representation services (e.g. CT & CSC).
- Providing attorneys with answers to state-by-state procedural and filing questions, obtaining vendor estimates for potential services as requested, and providing general assistance to attorneys as necessary.
- Assisting with drafting and filing basic IRS forms and matters, including but not limited to, obtaining EINs for U.S. and Non-U.S. entities, Entity Classification Elections, and change of address forms.
- Obtaining name reservations, certified copies of corporate documents, certificates of good standing, legal existence, tax lien waivers, and various other documents from state officials.
- Drafting by-laws, articles, certificates, amendments, resolutions, consents, minutes, stock transfers and ledgers for corporations, limited liability companies, and other legal entities.
- Preparing and filing annual reports in states where corporations are incorporated and/or qualified to do business; managing and coordinating the firm’s annual report client outreach efforts.
- Assisting in the preparation and filing of UCC financing statements.
- Conducting, reviewing, and summarizing UCC searches.
- Knowledge of general recording/filing and/or electronic filing with county, state, and federal jurisdictional agencies.
- Highly proficient computer and virtual communication skills; experience with Carta and CT/CSC UCC search products a plus.
- Ability to multi-task.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience, preferably in a mid to large size law firm.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: $100,000.00-$125,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 7.27.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt