New York, NY
This position will sit in the Firm’s New York, NY office and currently offers a hybrid remote work opportunity. A Corporate Paralegal assists attorneys with assignments involving complex paralegal duties requiring initiative, skill and specialized legal knowledge. Such complex work requires the exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
Essential Job Requirements
- Work with associates to systemize closing and post-closing procedures;
- Build system and process for company formation (company in a box) work;
- Oversee process and train new members of the group on closing, post-closing and formation procedures;
- Develop process to gather and maintain information on closed deals for the group;
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Assist with the drafting, organization, and assembly of closing documents, schedules, resolutions, closing binders, etc.;
- Work directly with lawyers to prepare SEC filings with regard to securities offerings and respond to the requirements of the Securities Acts of 1933 and 1934 filings ;
- Assist with preparation and filing of entity certifications/qualification in various states;
- Assist with due diligence organization and review;
- Manage documents and files;
- Assist lawyers in the preparation and filing of UCC filings and handle UCC filing search requests in all states.
- Assist with completion of stock certificates and maintenance of corporate capitalization records;
- Calendar and monitor key dates and deadlines.
- Able to reach for, lift and carry legal files up to a maximum of 10 pounds.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college is preferred;
- Experience in Corporate law is a plus;
- Paralegal certification from an ABA-approved program is a plus;
- Ability to work independently and work well with others;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are critical;
- A desire to learn and adapt as needed;
- Ability to exhibit flexibility and work in a fast-paced environment is critical
*Firm is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment.
**This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
***Firm is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. They value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 7.22.022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt