New York, NY
New York office of a premier, forward thinking, global law firm an immediate opening in their Corporate department for an experienced, motivated and resourceful Paralegal/Senior Paralegal. The Paralegal/Senior Paralegal applies Corporate knowledge of law and legal procedures to provide high-level assistance to lawyers.
In this capacity, the Paralegal/Senior Paralegal will
- Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret complex legal documents; Build and maintain relevant databases and files; File and provide copies to relevant parties;
- Communicate with clients and build and maintain positive relationships with client legal and finance staff;
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
- Assist with legal business transactions and logistics;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services; Direct work and train team members;
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of Paralegal experience (preferred);
- At least 3 years of relevant Corporate experience (preferred);
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
- Familiarity with corporate formation in DE (NY is a plus), including corporations and LLCs;
- Experience with venture capital financings;
- Stock and cap table management, including building cap tables in Excel and managing Carta or Shareworks cap tables;
- Preparation of Board and Board Committee minutes and written consents;
- Transaction closings, as well as preparing closing certificates;
- Preparation and filing Form Ds, in addition to state securities filings.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications; MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications; MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- Knowledge of Firm and Corporate practice-area-specific procedures and terminology (preferred);
- Knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications; and
- Knowledge of legal billing processes.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.28.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt