New York, NY
As a member of of the Knowledge and Innovation Department, the Corporate Deal Data Specialist works with the firm’s Knowledge Management and Client Resource Attorneys to assist in firm knowledge retention and sharing efforts. To this end, the Corporate Deal Data Specialist is responsible for tracking firm transactions, reviewing deal documents and extracting information for corresponding data entry into relevant knowledge bases.
- Track firm’s involvement in corporate transactions, from time of opening to closing, identifying critical junctures along the way for the review and capture of deal data and notable information for memorialization in firm systems.
- Locate and review key deal documents, signing and closing sets and press releases for the extraction of key deal data into firm systems.
- Assist with the curation and tagging of key deal documents for databases. Correspond with attorneys as needed to solicit document submissions.
- Coordinate post-closing calls with relevant attorneys for confirmation and receipt of additional detail on transactions.
- Review data inputted to firm systems on a monthly basis for data cleanliness and governance purposes. Leverage external deal databases and resources for cross-checking purposes.
- Develop a keen understanding of firm systems/processes in order to ensure compliance and assist with workflow initiatives. Develop relationships with counterparts in other operational groups to collaborate and fine tune existing processes to increase efficiency.
- Support the implementation of/or transition to new KM systems, ensuring consistencies in taxonomy, data structure, and centralizing and streamlining data entry.
- Continually work to improve the design and functionality of databases, including suggesting site architecture, navigation and user interface enhancements.
- Required: Undergraduate degree. Interest in corporate legal work.
- Preferred: Prior experience as a corporate paralegal supporting M&A practice or J.D.
- Highly developed organizational ability, analytical skills, sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new applications and technologies in a timely fashion.
- Basic understanding of database maintenance and searching.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently.
Salary: Up to $75,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 4.20.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt