New York, NY
Premier, global, law firm is looking for a results-oriented Business Development Specialist based in their New York office who will support the Firm’s corporate, tax, benefits, and financial services practice groups and others as needed. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Business Development – Corporate, the Corporate Business Development Managers, and practice group leaders, the specialist will be responsible for supporting the implementation of group marketing and business development plans and initiatives to secure new clients, strengthen existing relationships, and increase visibility of the practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Business Development – Corporate and BD Managers, practice group leaders, and the broader marketing and BD team to support the development and execution of marketing and client development plans, industry group plans, and firm-wide initiatives to advance practice group goals.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of new business proposals and pitches, client presentations, and responses to RFPs.
- Record client development activities, efforts, and results in department-wide tracking database.
- Track and maintain corporate transactions database (M&A, private equity, capital markets, finance, project finance, venture capital, and technology transactions, etc.) for proposals, directory submissions, website updates, etc.
- Prepare and submit corporate transactions reports for quarterly league table rankings.
- Working with members of the Firm’s events team to coordinate and implement client webinars, roundtables, CLEs, and other events, including organizing virtual and in-person logistics, preparing invitations and other event communications, monitoring RSVPs, and preparing post-event reports.
- Assist with securing CLE accreditation for group programming and distribute CLE certificates to clients post-event.
- Identify, assess, and coordinate participation in conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, and speaking and writing opportunities, and ensure effective participation.
- Produce and disseminate bi-weekly external client alerts and weekly internal report on previous and upcoming business development activity.
- Develop and maintain segmented client and prospect mailing lists.
- Support logistical and other activities related to lateral integration.
- Draft, review, and proofread internal and external communications.
- Draft submissions for relevant practices for directory listings and other awards, including Chambers.
- Produce and update as needed marketing materials such as brochures and descriptions.
- Work with communications team to develop and/or update group marketing materials, including client alerts, website content, newsletters, brochures, and other external communication pieces.
- Other responsibilities as assigned and required.
- Timely and regular attendance
- Minimum of two years’ experience in professional services marketing. Demonstrated background of accomplishment in marketing and business development. Previous law firm experience is highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, service orientation, and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage multiple projects; work independently and as a member of teams; manage short-term and long-term deadlines; and work well under tight deadlines and other pressures while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Bachelor’s degree required; focus in Marketing/Communications, business, or related field a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and proactivity.
- Creativity and value-added orientation.
- Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Saleforce and Kofax PDF skills a plus.
- Understanding of corporate transactions, a plus.
*Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Firm will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Salary: $67,000.00-$100,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.5.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt