New York, NY
The Business Analyst provides direct support for the corporate practice’s deal-related data and knowledge management systems. Under the supervision of the business manager, the Business Analyst works directly with attorneys and business development staff to index and report deal information, both internally and externally, to various league table contacts (i.e., Bloomberg, Mergermarket, and Refinitiv). The Business Analyst is responsible for tracking and archiving all deal information for their assigned practice. The position requires communicating effectively, multi-task under tight deadlines, and producing a top-quality work product. Candidates with a drive to fuel the firm’s growth by tracking transactions and gathering information will gain valuable exposure to the inner workings of corporate law.
- Assist Attorneys with tasks such as drafting routine correspondence, audit inquiry response letters and minor legal documents, organizing large distributions and working group lists, coordinating closing sets, assisting with
- Execute the activities surrounding the tracking and maintaining transactional information in Foundation (deal tracking software).
- Coordinate the reporting of firm-wide transactional information to league tables (i.e., Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Mergermarket, CCA) in a timely fashion. Analyze and resolve transactional discrepancies and rejected deals with league tables to maximize the number of deals they accept and increase the firm’s worldwide rankings.
- Assist with organizing distributions, creating and maintaining working group lists, and managing and maintaining deal files. Assist with coordinating closings, team meetings, and other functions, preparing closing memos, closing sets, bound volumes, and related documents.
- Craft and execute deal searches in the Foundation deal tracking database for deal precedents, marketing initiatives, partner client pitches, and website updates.
- Support the knowledge management initiatives for assigned Corporate practice
- Maintain knowledge and training resources
- Candidates must have a B.A. or B.S. degree demonstrating a strong academic background, and must have proven leadership abilities through extracurricular activities or work experience.
- Candidates need to be detail-oriented and have excellent organizational skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer visa sponsorship.
- Computer Knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint a plus)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
The annual salary for this role is $55,000.00, and the role is eligible for overtime. The annual salary listed is just one component of the Firm’s total compensation and benefits package which includes a discretionary bonus, paid leave, life, health, accident and disability insurance; and a 401(k) plan.
Date Active: 9.21.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt