The Content Manager supports the firm’s strategic marketing and visibility efforts through developing content for all the firm’s platforms, publications, and other communications needs. This role, working directly with lawyers and staff in the U.S., Europe, and Asia offices, helps ensure that the Firm continues its strong standing in core practices areas and gains increased recognition in growth areas.
The Content Manager will rely on writing skills to draft compelling, thoughtful copy for collateral materials, directory, and award submissions, press materials and the firm’s digital marketing needs; and he or she will draw on administrative strengths to coordinate content development and meet deadlines. The person in this role will gain a 360-degree understanding of the firm and its practices while developing a wide range of legal marketing skills.
This role is an opportunity to grow and develop professionally while working with incredibly smart, creative people in a collegial, collaborative work environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Draft and edit a wide variety of content to meet strategic business needs, including but not limited to:
- Collateral materials such as brochures and trifolds
- Firm publications
- Firm web site and practice group web properties
- Rankings and awards submissions
- Press releases and related material
- Lawyer bios and practice descriptions
- Thought leadership
- Video scripts
- Shepherd copy through editing and approvals processes to meet deadlines.
- Work with the Creative Services team to appropriately integrate copy into designed layouts for publications, collateral materials, and other creative work product.
- Communicate in a timely fashion with team members and internal clients, using clear tracking tools, regarding the status of writing projects.
- Manage 2-3 junior communications team members, ensure their growth, and support the functions of the Associate Director of Communications and Director of Business Development.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and research skills (a writing and editing test is required)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of transactional and litigation terminology and processes.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- An ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong deadline orientation.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism
Education and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm; previous experience in copywriting in a marketing, advertising or media relations capacity preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Legal, business journalism, management experience a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $120,000.00-$150,000.00, depending on experience
Date Active: 9.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt