New York, Mountain View, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Monica, Seattle, Foster City
Our Risk Management Department has an opening for a Conflicts Specialist who will be responsible for performing, analyzing and identifying potential conflicts related to new clients, matters and lateral hires. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
- Performs conflicts checks and company research using in-house and commercial databases
- Analyzes conflicts reports and communicates results of search to attorneys and Conflicts Partner
- Works closely with the Director of Risk Management on implementing Ethical Screens and maintenance
- Responsible for monitoring and handling requests sent to the Risk Management outlook account
- Assists in the follow-up on pending Risk Management matters
- Updates and maintains conflicts database
- Provides assistance with drafting and editing Conflict Waiver letters
- Responds to questions from lawyers and secretaries regarding Conflict Waiver letters
- Assists in the review of employee and lateral hire conflict check forms
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent data entry skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of automated conflict software, preferably Elite;
- Requires good computer skills (knowledge of MS Office applications preferred);
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks;
- Ability to prioritize; and
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reporting to the Conflicts and Compliance Manager, the ideal candidate will have 3+ years of conflicts or risk management experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 11.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt