Boston or Washington, DC
The Finance Department has an immediate opening for a Conflicts & Risk Analyst in either our Boston or Washington, DC office. We are looking for a detail oriented professional to help facilitate all aspects of the firm’s client / matter intake processes and procedures. The position will report to the Supervisor, Conflicts & Intake.
- Research, identify and assist in resolving conflicts of interest for new clients and matters, as well as for lateral hires, marketing requests and other requests as assigned.
- Assist in due diligence reviews for financial and compliance purposes.
- Conduct thorough reviews of and track workflow of intake forms and engagement letters.
- Assist with the development and implementation of formal guidelines detailing conflict processes and procedures.
- Assist in opening and maintaining client/matter files.
- Other related tasks as so required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of legal intake and conflicts experience required in a high-volume automated environment or equivalent experience as a legal professional or JD.
- Ideally the candidate would have knowledge of US ethical rules of professional conduct as they relate to conflicts of interest.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, legal accounting/billing systems, familiarity with web-based research for conflict checking purposes.
- Knowledge of legal search databases and accurate typing skills.
- Familiarity with Aderant Expert strongly preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary: Highly competitive based on experience
Date Active: 5.21.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt