Orange County, Boston, New York, Providence, Hartford, Washington DC
Reports to: Conflicts and Risk Supervisor
The Intake & Conflicts Department has an immediate opening for a Conflicts & Intake Assistant in either our Orange County, Boston, New York, Providence, Hartford, or Washington D.C. office. The position will report to the Conflicts and Risk Supervisor.
- Understand the intake and workflow process, review approvals/intake information for all new clients and matters. This includes tracking approvals and receipt of any applicable documentation required by the Firm. Complete all client/matter finalizations utilizing the Firm’s databases.
- Review engagement letters and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring intake information for all new clients and that matters are correct in Firm’s financial systems.
- Assist in data integrity, including data management requests, opening and closing of client matters and files.
- Perform daily maintenance of the Firm’s client and matter information in the Firm’s matter management system.
- Monitor the conflicts inbox for intake requests and handle requests as appropriate.
- Actively communicate with other members of the conflicts team regarding outstanding intake matters, provide updates to the billing department, LEAs (Legal Executive Assistants), and attorneys as required.
- Other related tasks as so required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Conflicts and intake experience preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years legal or research experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize assignments and move quickly from one assignment to another.
- Ability to work extended hours on a short-term and limited basis to accommodate short-term activity spikes and urgent requests.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Team player.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.12.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt