Washington, D.C., New York, Boston, Providence, Hartford, Orange County
Department: Intake and Conflicts Department
Reporting Structure: Director of Intake and Conflicts Position
The Conflicts Attorney will help clear all partner candidates that come to the firm. The Conflicts Attorney will also assist with escalated conflicts and risk issues, help draft waivers and specialized engagement language, review, comment, and negotiate Outside Counsel Guidelines. The Conflicts Attorney will liaise frequently with the Administrative Partner of the firm and will be a relied-upon expert for conflicts and ethics issues.
- Research, analyze, and resolve conflicts for lateral partners.
- Determine and decide, in consultation with attorneys, whether a conflict waiver is or is not required.
- Assist in all other aspects of lateral clearances, including data entry of lateral former matter information.
- Work with Senior Conflicts Attorney, Director, and Administrative Partner in resolving complex conflict issues, escalate as necessary and work with firm attorneys in understanding details of client and matter engagements.
- Draft, understand, and edit specialized engagement letters.
- Perform review of Outside Counsel Guidelines; work with firm attorneys and other stakeholders in obtaining approvals; memorialize agreements for internal department use.
- Liaise with firm attorneys and Legal Executive Assistants to understand conflicts needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Research, identify, and resolve conflicts of interest for new clients and matters.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and pivot between requests, staying highly organized and responsive to time-sensitive emails.
- Assist in conflict searching for marketing purposes or other requests as assigned.
- Perform client and matter maintenance, work with teammates to update database regularly and ensure database integrity.
- Other related tasks as so required.
- Bachelor’s degree/JD required.
- Active licensed attorney.
- Four (4) years of legal intake and conflicts experience highly preferred in a high-volume automated environment.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, legal accounting/billing systems, familiarity with web-based research for conflict checking purposes, knowledge of databases and accurate typing skills.
- Knowledge of the ethical rules of professional conduct as they relate to conflicts of interest.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize assignments and move quickly from one to another.
- Ability to work extended hours on a short-term and limited basis to accommodate short-term activity spikes and urgent requests.
- Team player.
- Intapp experience preferred.
Salary: $150,000.00-$170,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 10.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt