New York and San Francisco
The Conflicts Attorney will assist with all aspects of conflicts searching and new business intake and will be a member of the team responsible for clearing conflicts for lateral lawyer and staff candidates.
- Conducting research as necessary on new clients and involved parties.
- Utilizing corporate databases to research corporate ownership structures.
- Performing conflicts searches and processing requests within the Firm’s conflicts searching and new business intake platform.
- Analyzing and paring down conflicts search results for delivery to partners.
- Assisting partners of the firm with the analysis and resolution of potential conflicts issues.
- Drafting engagement letters and waiver letters as needed by partners.
- Clearing conflicts for incoming lateral candidates.
- Coordinating and corresponding with the attorneys across the firm regarding conflicts search requests.
- JD required.
- 1-2 years of experience as a practicing attorney in a conflicts department required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with analyzing conflicts of interest and the law of conflicts of interest.
- Aptitude for learning new systems, including ability to participate in discussions about design of existing or new system based on departmental and firm needs.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 10.14.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt