New York, NY or Washington, DC
Premier, global, law firm is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual for the role of Analyst in the Conflicts Department. This is an exciting opportunity to assist attorneys with their compliance duties and analyzing data associated with potential new business and new employees while contributing to the success of the Firm. The Analyst will work closely with attorneys, members of the Risk Management Committee, and the rest of the Conflicts team to identify possible ethical and business-related conflicts of interest to assist in processing new business intake forms to ensure they meet Firm policies and business requirements. This position will be a hybrid remote work and in-office position. The in-office work may be done in either the Firm’s DC or NY offices.
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to calls, emails and workflow requests from firm attorneys, paralegals, and legal secretaries regarding the new business intake process.
- Process requests for conflicts searches, perform necessary research, and complete business intake forms.
- Work with automated conflict checking systems and/or corporate research databases in a law firm environment, including Intapp Open, Intapp Walls, S&P Capital, LexisNexis, and World Check.
- Drafts screening memos and implement and maintains screens in relevant software tool as needed.
- Process and maintenance of new business documentation, such as Outside Counsel Guidelines, Engagement Letters, and Waiver letters, including retrieving appropriate approvals for non-standard language and storing in appropriate database.
- Working knowledge of the Model Rules of Professional Conduct pertaining to business intake; familiarity with rules in jurisdictions where the Firm has an office is preferred.
- Familiarity with corporate structure/affiliations and governance models in a global environment.
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in Intapp Open application is a plus.
- Be available for overtime during evening hours, weekends, and certain holidays as needed.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.7.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt