Competitive Intelligence Specialist
New York, Seattle, San Francisco, Mountain View
Our Research & Intelligence Services department has an opening for a Competitive Intelligence Specialist. The Specialist will provide in-depth business development and competitive intelligence (“CI”) research and analysis to practice group leaders, business development professionals and attorneys. The Specialist will work as a member of the library and research team who frequently partners with departments such as marketing, finance and risk management to deliver actionable intelligence on clients, prospects and competitors. This position can be based in our Mountain View/San Francisco, CA (preferred), Seattle, WA or New York, NY offices.
- Conducts complex company and public records research, analyzing data and distilling research results into concise and actionable reports for attorneys and business development professionals.
- Independently engages with partners and staff to develop research products, analyses and services as well as oversee the execution of such projects to best meet the needs of the firm.
- Manages CI function in conjunction with the Competitive Intelligence Manager, overseeing implementation of CI projects.
- Creates briefing documents for client planning meetings and proposal efforts including summary of business and legal issues, past and present legal representation, relevant news and executive biographies.
- Supports practice area marketing activities through competitive analysis and review of business and industry trends.
- Actively monitors and communicates business and legal issues relevant to appropriate client team members and practice area members.
- Pushes data to practice teams in coordination with the library, risk management and marketing.
- Evaluates sources of CI information and new products/tools for use in intelligence research in conjunction with library, risk and marketing.
- Provides overflow legal and business research services for the library.
- Familiarity with business reference and research tools, including corporate deal research and databases.
- Competency with online research services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff professionals and vendors.
- Team player with strong client service orientation.
- Excellent computer skills and in Microsoft Office suite.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to explore new ways of providing information to users.
- Able to establish effective working relationships with personnel at diverse levels of the firm.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple stake holders.
- The qualified candidate will have 3-5 years of law or business research in a law firm or corporate setting preferred. Working knowledge of ethical competitive intelligence and business development practices. MLS, MBA, or JD preferred.
Salary: competitive based on experience
Date Active: 11.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt