New York, NY
- Develop and execute on comprehensive visibility plans for practice areas of strategic importance to the firm
- Assist with monitoring media alerts and key publications for news related to Paul, Weiss; share content with relevant parties internally; and produce regular reports on press coverage
- Vet and respond to inquiries from the press and other third-party media, as appropriate
- Create and execute communications plans and ongoing programs to promote client matter outcomes and milestones, personnel developments and other newsworthy activity
- Stay abreast of trends and related developments that may inform our thought leadership efforts and recommend tactics based on findings
- Work with attorneys to identify timely, provocative and sensible topics for thought leadership campaigns that involve a number of tactics
- Follow the media landscape in relevant industries and disciplines; develop relationships with key reporters, cultivate relationships between those reporters and key attorneys, and proactively suggest ways to contribute to the news landscape in mutually beneficial ways
- Place byline articles in appropriate publications, blogs and other outlets; repurpose client memos and other authored content to advance thought leadership and visibility objectives
- Produce videos and interactive content with support from the multimedia team; this includes working with partners on content, coordinating video shoot logistics, editing footage and promoting the final product
- Research conferences, events, sponsorship and speaking opportunities, and work with attorneys and business development colleagues to propose and coordinate participation
- Maintain and organize systems that track information including project timelines, deadlines, measure results, program participation, etc.
- Work closely with business development colleagues, practice managers and attorneys to track new business, client developments and matter progress that may inform communications work and other business development efforts
- Participate in other communications and business development projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. 5-7 years of marketing communications, public relations, news, or law firm experience/internships is preferred.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes and eagerness to help the team.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, editing, formatting, proofreading and presentation skills).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.4.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt