New York, NY
The Communications & PR Specialist oversees a wide range of communications and public relations activities in support of the firm’s strategic business and communications plans. In delivering client-focused services, the position works closely with all members of the Marketing & Business Development Department, other business personnel and attorneys.
- Responsible for the centralized management of firm wide contributed content, awards and recognitions, ensuring key dates, lead partners and social promotion strategy are researched, calendared for timely communication, well documented and thoughtfully executed.
- Strategically advises the practice chairs/partners on firm wide contributed content opportunities, including Chambers practice guides and Preqin reports.
- Creates compelling award and directory submissions and works with the firm’s Head of Communications & PR on the strategy and communication to position key lawyers in relevant rankings.
- Participates in PR planning calls to identify new opportunities to further promote the firm and lawyers, in alignment with firm messaging.
- Supports the creation and updating of compelling, on-brand and firm-specific marketing collateral.
- Assists with firm marketing communications projects as required.
- Ensures all firm communications materials are consistent with firm style and messaging.
- Oversees the firm website, including working with the Communications & PR Coordinator to make sure updates are made in a timely basis and done in a consistent manner that matches the firm voice throughout; plans, oversees and executes firm website expansions, including new pages, sections, videos, and promotional features; produces and oversees new content for the website.
- Plans and executes firm video shoots.
- Reviews content for the firm’s social media initiatives, monitors the firm’s presence across various social media platforms, oversees the development of new content and initiatives, and helps lawyers optimize their social media profiles.
- Assists with media relations, including pitches, outreach, inquiries, coordination, liaising and tracking.
- Assists with media training and reporter interview preparation for lawyers, firm leaders and representatives.
- Researches and gathers data on media outlets and journalists as well as legal and business trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Top-notch analytical, writing and project management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and manage deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically, with careful attention to detail.
- Highly professional and dedicated, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team; thrive in an intense, client-service environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to inspire confidence.
- The duties of the position may require extended and irregular hours to perform the essential duties of the position.
Date Active: 4.21.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt