New York, NY
The Communications Coordinator supports the development and execution of internal and external communications strategies for Firm’s practice groups and firm activities in the Americas. The Coordinator also assists with the delivery of international campaigns and the firm’s corporate communications.
Firm’s strategic communications function focuses on protecting and building the firm’s reputation as a global elite law firm and employer of choice, supporting the firm’s business objectives and influencing perceptions of the firm among key stakeholders.
The Communications Coordinator will work under the guidance of the Communications Specialist (Americas) to help drive forward the team’s internal and external communications efforts in the Americas. For this proactive role, the Communications Coordinator should have some experience providing internal and external communications support within an organization as well as with building relationships with key internal stakeholders and media.
This role offers a balance of ownership and autonomy on certain projects with the opportunity to become involved in broader initiatives and campaigns. Day-to-day activities include supporting the development of communications planning, executing strategy, and proactively positioning key partners at Firm as thought leaders.
- Work closely with the Communications Specialist (Americas) and marketing and business development colleagues and partners in the US to devise and implement PR strategies for practice groups and key focus areas.
- Execute thought leadership campaigns in the Americas, working alongside the Communications Specialist and business development members.
- Highlight the firm’s client work in the Americas and make the most of standout announcements across internal (i.e. intranet, firmwide newsletter, internal memos) and external channels (i.e. media, website, social).
- Become a trusted communications advisor to partners and senior stakeholders.
- With guidance from the Communications Specialist, build relationships with marketing and business development colleagues, partners and other fee earners.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships for proactive and reactive media relations, working closely with the Communications Specialist.
- Apply creative thinking to the identification of new opportunities, industry trends and the drafting of newsworthy stories.
- Support and assist with the creation of written and digital content for external audiences including press releases, by-lined articles, social media posts, videos and podcasts.
- Draft internal communications materials including emails, firmwide newsletters and posts for the intranet.
- Review and edit content including website posts, press releases, internal communications, social media posts and other firm communication, under the guidance of the Communications Specialist.
- Monitor and track firm media coverage. Be diligent about reporting earned coverage and analytics from communications campaigns back to internal stakeholders.
- Support broader communications activities including developing internal communications.
- The role holder will undertake additional duties from time to time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Between 1 to 3 years of relevant communications experience in an agency or in-house environment; professional services background is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, social media channels, PR and digital tools
- Positive, proactive attitude and commercial outlook
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Great networking and advocacy skills, able to build relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally
- Comfortable juggling competing priorities and working on multiple conflicting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for reputation management and integrated communications
- Ability to understand complex business topics and distil it into compelling narratives for the media
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to manage various personalities and stakeholder expectations
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Collegial; team player
Physical Activity/Other Miscellaneous
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.15.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt