The communications coordinator assists the communications team on writing needs and projects, working with lawyers and administrative staff in the U.S., Europe, and Asia offices, to ensure that the Firm continues its strong standing in core practices areas and gains increased recognition in growth areas.
The person in this role also works with business development managers and other marketing staff to assist with efforts to generate visibility for the firm. He or she may be asked to use writing and communications skills to socialize our efforts across our web site, bios, social media, and other channels or support other external visibility efforts.
The scheduled hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The incumbent may be required to work overtime depending on the needs of the practice area lawyers and business development department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help to execute high level elements of the firm’s awards program focused on a smooth, streamlined award submissions proposal and development process. This includes:
- Drafting effective awards submission nominations.
- Project managing the review and approval process with Business Development and partners.
- Submitting completed nominations to media outlet contacts.
- Coordinating lawyer interviews following award wins, including preparing background information.
- Compiling historical analyses of awards programs and prepare archives for future use.
- Maintaining Accolades SharePoint entries and other tracking mechanisms.
- Helping with general research and assessing of new and existing opportunities.
- Help maintain the editorial calendar to monitor upcoming opportunities.
- Draft promotional language for web site, social and internal channels, including approval processes.
- Research and suggest new opportunities for thought leadership participation.
- Monitor and collect external media coverage of firm and partners for distribution in firm’s Daily News.
- Contribute to the firm’s internal newsletter, including editing on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to other writing projects as assigned.
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar, and research skills (a writing and editing test is required)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of transactional and litigation terminology and processes.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint are pluses), as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- An ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Deadline oriented.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One to three years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Responsibilities related to maintaining Firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the Firm’s information security policies, protecting Firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
Salary: Open, dependent on experience
Date Active: October 28, 2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt