New York, NY
- Reviewing status of client accounts and monitoring aging receivables
- Working with assigned partners to review their matters and determine action plans
- Communicating directly with clients to secure payments on a timely basis.
- Providing documentation and analysis to partners and clients as needed.
- Maintaining detailed records of steps taken to facilitate payments.
- Coordinating with Collections team regarding assigned receivables portfolio and discussing strategy and escalation as needed.
- Assisting the team with researching, analyzing and resolving client deductions and unapplied credits.
- Collaborating with various operation teams including the Billing Department and Finance Department regarding client deductions, cash receipts, collections and other projects.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Collections Specialist in the legal or professional service industry. Previous experience at a law firm and interfacing with partners and clients is a plus. Aderant, Elite & E Billing Systems experience are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have the capability to follow up on client accounts with minimal supervision.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and interact well with co-workers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 2.23.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt