New York, NY or Bay Area, CA (San Jose, Mountain View San Francisco, Foster City)
The Collections Analyst will develop strong working relationships with Partners in order to provide best in class customer service support for client collection needs. Provides collection guidance and activities to ensure monies owed to the firm are received in a timely manner, minimizing financial risk exposure while maintaining positive relationships with the firm’s internal and external clients. This position can be based in our Bay Area (CA) or New York (NY) office.
- Analyze client AR trends, determine challenges and suggest solutions, provide regular updates to management on these matters.
- Assist in managing day-to-day collections operations; attention to large dollar aged accounts, handle account escalations through disputes/issue resolution, clients not adhering to payment terms while maintaining clear and concise collection status notes in collections software-ARCS.
- Identify problems or issues in processes and implement solutions that enhance bottom line results.
- Collaborate with Client Accounting Specialists to ensure appropriate collections follow-up is maintained monthly.
- Interface with partners and varying levels of management and staff professionals to review accounts and escalate as necessary.
- Develop payment solutions while liaising with pricing and billing teams. Obtain billing attorney approval to implement arrangement and manage accounts monthly.
- Respond to client inquiries and communicate past-due accounts and invoices.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Conduct credit review analyses on clients as needed. Monitor unapplied payments and aged trust accounts for monies that can be used for aged balances.
- Provide back up to Cash Management Specialist.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of customer service; ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate to build successful relationships with all levels of personnel at the firm, including Partners, Directors and Chiefs.
- Strong business judgement, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills with a keen sense of accuracy.
- Ability to handle high volume of tasks and prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment in order to achieve firm collections targets and goals.
- Ability to understand, adhere to, enforce and apply department policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Minimum of intermediate Excel proficiency, advanced Excel a plus.
Reporting to the Senior Billing and Collections Manager, the qualified candidate will have a minimum 5-7 years’ experience with collections analysis and accounts receivable in law firms or professional services. Experience with Aderant Expert Accounting software, ARCS collection software and electronic billing platforms a plus. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 3.26.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt