Premier, global, law firm have an opening for a Client Service Specialist (Legal Secretary) (Litigation) in their Washington, DC office. The Client Service Specialist provides administrative client services to both internal and external clients and reports to the Director of Business Operations. This is an exciting career opportunity for those who want to expand their hands-on legal and litigation experience and work in an exciting, team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Coordinate and manage legal practice tasks and projects including litigation court filings (paper and electronic); Communicate with clients and others in the handling of projects and issues;
- Coordinate administrative functions and facilitate completion of tasks including such as finance/ billing-related tasks, time and expense entry, opening of new matters, client presentations, meetings and other administrative projects as assigned;
- Coordinate with and delegate to Firm resources including DPS, Williams Lea, Client Service Center, practice support or similar departments in International offices in the handling of tasks and projects;
- Manage the legal and administrative practices of attorneys and facilitate service levels that meet client requirements; and
- Work overtime as required.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferred, but not required); At least 4 years of litigation experience (preferred);
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and work as part of a team;
- Advanced proficiency in handling court filings, understanding of court rules, and litigation-related procedures;
- Advanced to Expert proficiency in rules of English grammar, spelling and punctuation; bilingual proficiency as may be required;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications; and
- Advanced knowledge of time keeping, expense processing and legal billing.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.29.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt